Saturday, December 28, 2013

Miss Communication

This is the 2-3am angry post.

I'd like to know what is so hard about communicating.  Please, do tell.

See, I seem to have this problem.  I speak my mind and tell people when I want or need something.  When I invite an acquaintance out, I say " I would like to take you to this place at this time on such and such day".

Yet, I never seem to have the same language used with me.  A man approaches me to ask for a date.  He asks where I would like to go, and makes absolutely no mention of date or time.  I have to think up some place that he might like.  Then go through and suggest days that might work.  Just who is doing the asking?

I'm tired of this.  Every time I think someone is asking me on a date, I end up doing all the work.  Do your part.  You want to spend time with me, spend ten seconds coming up with an idea about it.  You're laziness ensures that I will not be spending time on you.

Addendum - I have been informed that what I am describing is "confidence".  My reply was that, from anecdotal experience, there are no confident men.  There are inept men and there are creepers on the train who *really* want to get you a coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment