Sunday, September 1, 2013

Confessions of a Crushaholic

Hi, my name is Lindsay. ("Hiiii Lindsay.") And I am a Candy Crush addict.


I still have yet to announce on Facebook that I am hiding this deep, dark secret. Nor have I agreed to link my Facebook page to the game itself, to earn more lives or bonuses, etc. I am too embarrassed for all of that. No, I'll just admit it to all our new, lovely followers, on our new, lovely blog.

I am, however, proud of the fact that I have not spent a dime on this app yet. I have waited the allotted days in between levels and time in between lives. I've spent way more time than I'll admit, to beat it the old fashioned way, just like our great nation... free. I swear sometimes the gnomes in my phone running the game (they live in all phones, right?) are out to get me to open my wallet, though. Just as I have a few jellies left to clear, I lose. But on the other hand, I think they also feel bad for me when I've wasted 30 lives trying to beat level 68. They throw me a bone, and I'm onto obsessing about the next level.


My addiction can be blamed on good old fashioned peer pressure. I was getting Candy Crush requests left and right on Facebook. I always laughed them off, like I had better things to do with my time. What losers, am I right? Then one day came where I thought, "What is all the fuss about?" Big mistake. I am now addicted. When I fessed up to my husband what I had done, he said, "That's like saying, 'I just want to try crack to see what the fuss is about.'" Touche.

It's like this picture was made for my blog entry.

So here I am, at level 95, patiently waiting another hour or so (when I'll unlock a new quest without paying for it) to play again. But hey, the first step in the process is acceptance right? Well, I accept it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on level 181 for months now. I'm losing interest...I can't beat it. I do confess I have paid in the past, but I turned off my "in-app purchases" so that I don't throw anymore money away, lol. I know someone who has gone all the way to the top (level 400 something) rather quickly and says she didn't pay...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete